- Traveling can motivate you to stay fit for that upcoming fun trip. When was the last time you set a fitness goal for yourself? Sometimes we have to create ways to motivate ourselves to stay healthy and fit. Exercise is known to help us battle symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Learning about other cultures is very gratifying. Going to a different country is like going to another world full of new experiences. Seeing how other people interact and live may help you feel more thankful for the blessings you already have.
- Memories created while you travel can help you feel better when you are feeling sad. Have you been sad and looked back at photos of moments when you were happy? If not, you should give this a try!
- Traveling can force you to take some of those PTO hours you have collected throughout the years. Allow yourself to rest, say no to work for a few weeks, and get away. Many of us think that our positions will end if we take time off. To stay energized, allow yourself the time off that you need each year to spend time with your family and friends doing things that make you happy.
- Exploring other parts of the world can motivate you to make the changes needed in your life. Some people even change how they manage their finances to have more trips or invest in more experiences.
- Planning a trip gives you something to look forward to when the routine is getting a little boring. Is your routine making you depressed? Have you lost your sense of purpose because you are doing the same things every day? Break away from the pattern a little and take yourself on a trip.
- Traveling can allow you to connect more with friends and family. It is during travel times when you have time to bond and create special memories with loved ones. You don’t have to wait until Christmas or Thanksgiving to do this.
- While exploring a new town, you may not have much time for your phone/social media. Putting your electronics away allows you to be present and enjoy your surroundings.
- Traveling will help you communicate with others as you share your great experiences. Have you gone to a social, and it’s your turn to share something? Share stories of those memorable trips and moments you allowed yourself to have.
- It’s just fun!
I love traveling, talking to locals, resting, exploring, trying new foods, and making beautiful memories.
Where will you travel next?
Ready to Find a Path Forward Together?
Schedule a one-on-one session by clicking the button below. All of my sessions are performed in a caring and safe environment. We can meet using a video chat service or over the phone, whichever makes you feel comfortable.